Monday, March 3, 2014

Not that kind of relationship

T'was 2 years ago when I played may way through it. It was a couple of years ago when we accepted each other to our individual lives. I was an obvious imperfection while the other was ideal. I was so happy! I've never been that happy and that contented. Life was perfect and ideal for me from that moment though others would carefully enumerate the imperfections happening around. I took everything seriously and my emotion ruled me.

I gave what I knew was my all and everything felt fine and even finer a lot of times. During that little span of time, we grew together. We changed and coped up with each other. We knew each other well enough that days went by so fast.

Until one day it was no longer as happy. The happenings were so swift that one morning, I opened my eyes not feeling the same attention it used to give me. I was thinking it was normal so I neglected the negativity. I was suffering inside for months but I was functioning so well. I was even told the best a couple of times and this assured me I that I'm doing no less than the right thing. Little did I know that I've been holding on to assumptions. They were all but assumed assurances.

I needed time to breathe so I did. I escaped that horrific reality by creating a different world with a different me. It only broke my heart. I'm glad though that it didn't break me. I am, afterall, unbreakable.

Now I am still holding on. What if this is but an obstacle and waiting a little more would mean the finish line? What if goodness is what's in store for me all these time?

They say the signal that you have to leave a relationship is if both of you are no longer progressing/growing.

Only time would tell if I am ready to comit to continue or to comit somewhere else.

Yes I am in a relationship with work and it is complicated.


2 comments:

  1. You're right, everyone goes through this but the intensity is unusual for me...

    ReplyDelete